Rain, rain go away, I need to run 5 miles today!
It has been storming every afternoon this week, so I have not run since the 5K on Monday. It probably would have happened that way anyway – on Tuesday I was feeling some achiness in my right knee, so I would have opted to rest anyway. Yesterday I went to a 5:45 a.m. spin class, and I don’t usually run on the same days I spin. But today, I really want to go run 5 miles and I’ve convinced Hunter to come with me. The forecast gives a 30% chance it will be raining from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Ugghhh. It better not.
Sooo… the final nail is in the coffin (or whatever). I registered for the FULL MARATHON yesterday. I would have been more excited, but I had some registration problems. I entered a discount code for the race that was listed in Runner’s World, and it didn’t apply to my final total. This is a difference between $80 and $54 ($26.20 discount). I normally just let things fly when I don’t get a discount or sale I was expecting… but not lately. For instance, the other day at Ann Taylor Loft, they were having a big sale, and some camisoles had a sign next to them saying they were $10. Well, the camisole I picked up rang up at the register for $19.50. There are times in the past when I just wouldn’t say anything, resigned to paying more than expected over going through the trouble of asking the cashier about it. But I didn’t want to pay 20 freaking dollars for something I only plan to wear UNDER other clothes. So I spoke up. And it was really supposed to be $10, and I got my sale.
Now, I am not going to be mad if I can’t get the discount for the marathon and have to stick with the $80 charge. I was going to register for this race anyway. It is not like the discount in Runner’s World is what convinced me to register for the race (while the $10 price is definitely the only reason I got the camisole). But $26 is a lot. So I thought about it, and e-mailed the race director. He responded pretty much immediately and said he would try to find out about it. Their registrations are going through a third-party site, so he has to figure it out with them.
That was yesterday morning and I haven’t heard anything else, so it might not be fixable, and that’s OK. But I’m glad I at least tried!