There is a 10K race on Saturday that I am debating whether or not to run.
1) I did it last year and it was very well-organized, great post-party food and free massages.
2) It is quickly getting to the point in South Louisiana where races longer than a 5k will be few and far between because of the heat. I want to take advantage of these longer races while they are still available.
3) I will be so glad I did it when it’s over and I can come home afterwards and spend the rest of the day vegging out and feeling accomplished.
4) Benefits local charities.
5) If I don’t do it the likelihood of me running 6 miles on my own could end up being slim… self-motivation not my strong point lately.
1) It costs $25 and we’re trying to save money.
2) I don’t feel confident in my ability to PR. Just the thought of running a pace that would get me a PR makes me feel like death.
3) It’s an hour drive so I’d probably have to leave before 6:30 a.m. (puke). When I wake up I’ll have that feeling of, “Why am I doing this? I just want to sleep!”
Sigh… I think I’m going to do it.