I saw this survey at Cort the Sport and wanted to do it too!
1. Best run ever: I guess I would have to say my first (and, thus far, only) marathon. It was tough, I had some issues, but I was so thrilled and proud to do that. I have only warm memories of it even though I know during the run I was hurting at some points.
2. Three words that describe my running: Slow, Gritty, Empowering
3. My go-to running outfit is: Nike Tempo shorts, Brooks Ravenna shoes, Balega socks, Adidas sports bra, and either my Jazz Half ’11 race shirt or RnR NOLA ’12 race shirt
4. Quirky habit while running: I like to sling sweat off my knuckles when I am *that* sweaty – it’s kind of fun.
5. Morning, midday, evening: Usually evening during the weeks, though I really enjoy when I can go run in the morning on weekends.
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: Raining – if it starts raining when I’m already running, so be it, but I can’t think of a time when I ever went out to run when it was already raining.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Not too serious, but I had IT Band Syndrome in August-September 2011. I got over it with LOTS of rest – I only ran about 20 miles over the course of those two months, and icing. And prayer! I successfully trained and ran a marathon after it finally healed.
8. I felt most like a bad*** mother runner when: I ran 20 miles on Christmas Eve ’11 in very cold temps and it started drizzling at mile 17. Also my IT band was feeling irritated by mile 9. But I finished, and sure enjoyed my Christmas after that!
9. Next race is: Probably Jazz Half Marathon in October, but if not, then probably the Log Jammer Half Marathon in November.
10. Potential running goal for 2013: To get a new 10K PR. And possibly a Half Marathon PR in fall 2013.